Thursday 24 October 2013

CD Cover Drafts.


This is my draft based upon Jake Bugg's debut album cover. I want to create a CD cover for a country artist in which is similar to Jake Bugg. I based this on his original cover for his debut album, as i liked the simplicity of it, and liked the fact that the images were in sepia tones. I created this draft on photoshop, and experimented with the different colours and fonts to see which worked best.This draft is going to influence my final draft because i want to create a debut CD for a new country artist, and i want to base my image on this one of Jake Bugg by trying to capture the same setting, and i think that the natural lighting and setting makes it look effective. It gives him a bit of a background city and almost shows everyone where he comes from and that he's a city boy.


This is another draft based upon an Oasis album cover. For my second final draft, i want to create a CD cover for a new British band/duo that dress and look like people did in the MOD era. I experimented in photoshop with different fonts/colours and layouts and finally decided on this as i thought that the font looked most like the fonts used on other albums by Oasis and i used a basic picture and colour scheme as i thought that this would fit well if i made it into a 'very best of' album, because it was basic but effective. I am going to use this draft as inspirations for my final draft, as i think using a simple image such as this, would work really well. I also like the font used as it is quite bold and is similar to the font used in most other Oasis CD's, and this could work for my final draft as i want to create a CD cover for a band similar to Oasis and that would have a similar look and sound.




This is my third draft, which is actually based upon 'the vaccines' album cover, but i decided to create it with a picture of the band 'Of monsters and men', as i thought that this image worked well in this layout. I experimented on photoshop with different layouts and fonts and finally decided on this one as i thought that it looked most effective, the images are clear and simple and the writing stands out. I thought that this would by an option for my CD cover based on my solo artist, as i think that it stands out and is an effective and basic layout. The images used on the front and back cover link well together, yet are different, and the image on the back cover uses leading lines, almost leading you into the tracks that are on the CD. I think the font fitted in well with the whole layout and colour scheme, and i thought the idea of having a border around the main image on the front cover made the image stand out more. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment